SCPP Entrance Exam Information
To participate in Dater's Special College Prepatory Program (SCPP) students must pass an entrance examination.
To schedule an appointment, call Test Administration at the Cincinnati Public Schools Education Center, (513) 363-0186.
Students moving into the Cincinnati Public Schools district during the school year or after the last Special College Preparatory Program examination is administered for that school year should call Test Administration for more information about the SCPP exam at (513) 363-0186.
Special College Preparatory Program
If enrolled in the Special College Preparatory Program (SCPP), students should plan to take the classes below during the grade identified to graduate on time.
Students can only enroll in this program if they pass the SCPP entrance exam.
7th Grade (1st and 2nd semesters)
|English||English 7 AA|
|Science||Science 7 AA|
|Social Studies||Social Studies 7 AA|
|Elective 1||Optional Elective: PE 7&8/Art/Jr. Choir/Beginning Band|
|Elective 2||Modern Foreign Language 1 (Spanish 1, French 1, or German 1)|
8th Grade (1st and 2nd semesters)
|English||English 8 AA|
|Math||Algebra 1 AA|
|Science||Physical Science AA|
|Social Studies||Social Studies 8 AA|
|Elective 1||Optional Elective: PE 7&8/Art/Jr. Choir/Intermediate Band|
|Elective 2||Modern Foreign Language 2 (Spanish 2, French 2, or German 2)|
9th Grade (1st and 2nd semesters)
|English||English 9 AA|
|Social Studies||Modern World History AA|
|Elective 2||Modern Foreign Language 3 (Spanish 3, French 3, or German 3)|
10th Grade (1st and 2nd semesters)
|English||English 10 AA|
|Math||Algebra 2 AA|
|Science||Chemistry AA or AP Environmental Science|
|Social Studies||US History AA or AP US History|
|Elective 1||Optional Elective: 1 Semester Senior High Health|
11th Grade (1st and 2nd semesters)
|English||AP English Language and Composition|
|Math||Dual Enrollment College Algebra (semester 1) and College Trigonometry (semester 2)|
|Social Studies||AP US Government and Politics or AP US History|
|Elective 1||Recommended Elective: Fine Arts Elective (1 full year required in high school career)|
12th Grade (1st and 2nd semesters)
|English||AP English Literature and Composition|
|Math||Dual Enrollment College Calculus or Dual Enrollment Probability and Statistics|
|Science||Physics or Dual Enrollment Anatomoy and Physiology|
|Social Studies||Economics (semester course)|
Four semesters of Modern Foreign Language are recommended for any student interested in attending a 4-year university.
All students are requierd to take six classes each semester. Students must be enrolled in at least four academic courses in each semester, each year they are in school.
Specific Course Requirements:
- Health: Senior High Health in grades 10, 11, or 12.
- Modern Foreign Language: Three years of Spanish, French, or German are required to be completed in grades 7, 8, and 9.
- Physical Education: One semester of physical education is required in grades 7 & 8. Two semesters of physical education are required in grades 9-12.
- Electives: All high school students are required to earn five credits of electives.
- SCPP Courses are only available to students who have passed the SCPP test.
- Advance Placement courses are only available to students who have completed an application and have secured the approval of the school counselor and AP teachers. AP exams are administered by ETS in the spring and are required for course completion. AP exams require a fee and the student is responsible for paying that fee for completion of the course. Only those students enrolled in an AP course may take an AP exam at Dater.